1. Lovely pendant!! If you don't mind me asking, did you purchase your pendant separate from your chain or together?

2. Thanks! It was definitely a pleasant surprise. I'm going to see if it fits my mom and if she likes it. It's a 61mm, so kinda big for me, but maybe too small for her. It's so strange how it worked out genetically- our hands are nothing alike, but I'm hoping it will fit her.

Thank you for the feedback on that, Udalrike. I've been so nervous, and you really gave me some peace of mind.

3. It’s beautiful! I love black nephrite. The bangle in my avatar is nephrite as well.
    I love the width of your bangle and that shine.

NephriteGoddess likes this.
  4. How adorable Uli! I don’t recall seeing this one before. The gold is nicely carved:smile:

5. #14675Jan 17, 2018 at 3:49 PM
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 3:59 PM
    Thanks JadeMommy! Yeah I love the shine on this bangle. Shine credit due to Allan S.. I've seen his name a few times on this thread, actually. This is one of the first bangles I ordered from him, and when he said "mirror polish", he meant mirror :cool:

I actually wondered if your avatar bangle was nephrite, thanks for sharing that. It looks very delicately carved - very beautiful!!! What is the carving on your bangle? Is it a flower carving? I have a couple of carved bangles but they are jadeite - I really hope to find a really nicely carved nephrite bangle one of these days...

2boys_jademommy likes this.
  6. 20DC1E9D-7659-4CEF-950F-A5A472B5B70C.jpeg 8D33463F-4271-41EE-8889-7026BFF04813.jpeg 24A1FCF5-AE8F-47CC-99B0-A150DD67AED8.jpeg 85A95A44-AF9E-4271-8837-C9224EFB534D.jpeg C7F959D1-CD17-4948-8D89-1619DB6361F0.jpeg

My DH’s grandmother gave me one of her jade bracelets as part of a Christmas gift this year. I think it’s absolutely beautiful!! Unfortunately, it fell from my shelf the very next day (smh), hence the smaller gold band in the 2nd and 3rd photo. I just got it back from the jeweler yesterday, and still think it’s beautiful even though I feel like a dummy for being so clumsy!

7. Your bangle is lovely! Beautiful colors. The gold on the bangle is very beautifully crafted as well!! Believe me, you are in good company: I have definitely bonked apart my fair share of bracelets/bangles. It happens, that's for sure :smile:

8. Thank you for the compliment! The jeweler told me the same thing - it happens quite often. It was mostly because of the sentimental value that I felt so terrible ☹️

I’ve never owned a jade bracelet before, do you happen to have any tips on care/how careful I should be with it?

9. Thank you for the compliment! The jeweler told me the same thing - it happens quite often. It was mostly because of the sentimental value that I felt so terrible ☹️

I’ve never owned a jade bracelet before, do you happen to have any tips on care/how careful I should be with it?

10. I have heard and seen amazing work from Allan but I don’t personally have any of his creations. Your bangle is just gorgeous. That mirror shine is what really make the bangle special.
    My black nephrite is also a custom order and there is no carving:smile: Maybe the pic looks like there is carving but it is just a simple plain black bangle. I just love it as it also has great shine. Goes with everything.

11. Hey it happens SXCA... the gold band looks lovely and quite suits the bangle. Also the fact that it is from your grandma makes it very special I’m sure so don’t feel bad for dropping it.
    Love your tattoo by the way.

12. Thank you! Yes, I feel lucky that the “fix” involves putting more gold on the bangle . Thank you for the encouragement, I try to remind myself of that that when I start to feel bad about it And thanks! Haha I’ve had that for almost 10 years now, I sometimes forget I have it

13. Ah, I don't know why I thought it was carved - maybe it's all the little sparklies of light reflecting onto your bangle that made me think it was carved - a super shine will definitely do that, that's the excuse I'm leaning on :biggrin:

2boys_jademommy likes this.
  14. How awesome-have you been wearing it for 10 years? If so have you noticed any changes?

15. #14685Jan 17, 2018 at 6:29 PM
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 6:54 PM
    Hi SXCA! Hmm, jade is pretty strong and low maintenance. It can also withstand casual everyday light bumps - but in my experience, any swift, sharp hit may fracture or break a jade bracelet. My friend cracked her jadeite bangle when she knocked it against a piece of plywood. I sometimes wear my bangles for weeks at a time, but always remove it if I think I run the risk of banging it on something.

Anyway, my only piece of advice would be to just get in the habit of managing your movements when you're wearing your jade bangle - you'll eventually get used to going about your regular routine while still exercising caution with your bangles/bracelets. And if you think you'll be doing something where you'll possibly knock your bracelet around, either don't wear it, or take it off and store it in a safe place. If you have to think twice about breaking your bracelet while doing something - don't wear it.

The other ladies will have other great tips, but this is what has helped me the most - I hope it's useful.